Here's some good news to help you plan your summer interisland travel in Hawaii.
Hawaiian Air and Go Airlines announced a one-way fare of $9.00 for travel to the main Hawaiian islands of Kauai, Oahu, Maui and The Big Island.
Purchase tickets by June 1, for flights to all major islands throughout the summer.
Here is an inexpensive way to plan ahead an join us at any of the Statewide Hawaii Healing Garden festivities on Kauai, Oahu, Maui and the Big Island this summer and fall.
Here are the dates for The Hawaii Healing Garden: Come join us!
Kauai June 14-20
Oahu - Aug 25
Maui- Oct TBA
Big Island (Kona) Nov 3
There will be keynote speakers, presenters workshops, gardening tips, cooking classes, botanical garden tours, community gardens, a labyrinth herb walk and children's activities and little green thumbs program and healthy expo, great food, hula and music.
If you would like to volunteer, attend, or If your health and wellness business or service or company selling botanical related products is interested in an expo booth at any of the events, please call Hawaii Health Guide at (808) 638-0888 or see the website for more details.
The intention of the Hawaii Healing Garden Botanical Festival is to:
• Celebrate and share the multicultural uses of medicinal and nutritional plants that grow in Hawaii and are part of our cultural heritage,
• Provide educational opportunities and information that may benefit the health of Hawaii’s residents and visitors.
• Have a positive effect on our community and environment.
• Provde economic benefit to the community by highlighting resources, products and practitioners that provide quality experiences to our residents and visitors.
• Provide a safe and fun day of exploration that encourage a diverse audience to find common interest while sharing aspects of culture and heritage and knowledge and foster a love and appreciation for the diverse uses of plants that grow in Hawaii and a sense of caring for our aina.
• Provide activities and opportunities to learn about enhancing heath through diet, nutrition, gardening, herbs and spices.
• Appreciate and better understand the multi cultural uses and traditional uses of healing with plants.
Presenters, workshop leaders, keynote speakers have been selected for their expertise in their field, their enthusiasm towards their subject material, experience in presenting the information in a way that is understandable to the layperson, and are available to be accessible for future leadership or guidance in the field or mentorship, can offer professional care to potential clients, students, or community members.
The events are held outdoors on beautiful locations including botanical gardens, campuses and the public is encouraged to attend and enjoy the natural resources of the islands in a fun and festive and educational setting.
The Hawaii Healing Garden is sponsored by Hawaii Health Guide, The Hawaii Tourism Authority, the Office of Hawaiian Affairs and many community groups and businesses sponsors and volunteers.